DHI-VTO2202F-P

Grierts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this still the go-to recommended poe doorbell ??

DHI-VTO2202F-P

I think this is the version from Andy , although I don't see it in stock ?

Video review

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You thought you had analysis paralysis before on camera selection.....just wait regarding doorbells LOL...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still in paralysis by analysis myself LOL.

There are currently no good POE doorbell cams only wifi. Most still have a cloud-based requirement. Some don't.

Most go to intercom system type doorbell that offers POE or they put a two-way audio IP camera near their door to serve that purpose (but obviously no button on it).

The one you mention above or the EZVIZ DB1 and its variants (RCA, etc.) seem to be a "popular" choice, but they are wifi and most that run them would prefer a POE.

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the VTO2202F-P and like it. I have poe right to my doorbell so I didn’t want wifi or anything cloud based.

Pros
  • it’s poe
  • It’s all local. No cloud. I turn off dahua p2p
  • onvif
  • dahua (so it works with dahua apps since I have all dahua cams)
  • the looks of it
  • the integration with Home Assistant. Press the doorbell and my HA gets the event and I can take any action on it (like play a nice sounding mp3 over my speakers and send a pic to my phone)
  • the fact that it uses SIP so I can run a sip client on my desktop to answer and speak to people.
  • the fact that it doesn’t look like everyone else’s ring door bell
  • the http api - take snapshots, etc
Cons:
  • I haven’t figured out how to actually store videos when someone presses the button. Not a big deal for me because I have an IPC-HDW5831R-ZE covering the same space that records motion.

Last edited: