Did I do an okay job on this install?

inforlonghaul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is an internal project and I'm certainly no professional, but I thought I'd put these few pics on here for critique. I feel like I did a decent job looking at some of the examples on here and many of the "what not to do" forum posts, but I know there's always room for improvement. Whats your thoughts on this? Is there anything I need to do to help secure the conduit fittings from rain? I did use the outdoor rated junction boxes. I still need to put a few more conduit straps on to ensure it's all good and secure. I took these at the end of the day and needed to get home.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks nice, about the only thing I can mention is "next time" consider using compression EMT fittings (couplings, connectors at box and at elbow) instead of set screw version; the set screw type is more prone to water incursion.

After you put up those additional clamps/straps you mentioned, if you have a good, long hot spell you might see a little expansion from the heat on that many pieces of conduit, maybe not. If you do, just loosen the set screws of a coupling or 2 or a one or 2 connectors and allow the conduit expand into it then tighten them while still warm. It's only a slight chance, there may already be room for it to move and you'll never notice. It's usually VERY long runs on a west wall that are affected the most.

Great job! :cool: