didn't get around to it?

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Came across this article today. He's obviously high-profile, he's been targeted three times, but didn't get cameras before and he won't say if he's installed since. Trying to imagine what "safety reason" there could be to pretend you do not have cameras, if you actually do?

Burglary reveals San Jose mayor lacked security cameras

Home intrusion reveals San Jose mayor lacked security cameras - Despite championing home-security camera registry, recent burglary reveals San Jose mayor did not have any cameras himself.

"When two teens entered through the back door of Mayor Sam Liccardo‘s home in an attempted burglary earlier this month, they were scared off when his wife, Jessica Garcia-Kohl, encountered them. ... The incident did reveal that even the mayor is not immune to the property-crime problems that concern residents throughout the city. He said his home had been the target of burglars, attempted or otherwise, three times in the past decade.

When reached by Internal Affairs, Liccardo declined to address the security camera situation, including whether he has since had them installed, citing privacy and safety reasons."

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Seems to me like he probably has still declined to install cameras and doesn't want to make that fact public. It could also be that he finally clued in and installed some, possibly covertly, and now wants to catch the crooks. Or possibly that he's getting some installed but they aren't in yet. That little detail could cover the safety reason. My bets are on still not having cameras for one reason or another though. I put mine up at the first sign of trouble. Some lowlifes won't put them up because they don't want to be called a rat. Some folks do some sketchy things themselves that they don't want caught on camera as well, or don't want to take the chance that their privacy gets invaded by an online hacker. There are lots of reasons both for and against having cameras.