Different Day & Night Schedules for Home and Away

Jetsski777

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using the Blue Iris software to protect my home for several years now. My original goal was to have a schedule that had motion detect at night and when we are at work, with no motion detect during the day when we are at home. This seems straightforward to set-up by using two profiles (Motion, No Motion) and using the global schedule customize night and working hours to use the Motion Profile and the rest of the schedule to use the No Motion Profile.

What I have not ever been able to accomplish is setting up another profile for when we are away for vacation or are out of town. In this case, we want the Motion Profile to be enabled 24X7. I could go into Blue Iris and change the Global Schedule to use the Motion Detect Profile 24X7, but then I have to edit Blue Iris before and after each trip which would be a lot to remember every time we leave.

This is a proposed solution that I think would work, comments are welcome. I would leave the existing schedule and two profiles in place. When we leave town, use the Blue Iris mobile app on my phone to double tap the Motion Profile to lock it in 24X7. When we return, unlock the profile to go back to normal operation.

Thoughts?

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you have a free profile to use make (example) profile 7 as your constant motion detecting profile. Copy your current motion profile over to 7, then when you go out of town click on the 7 profile. (*note: be sure the timeout of that profile is set much longer than you would ever go on vacation for to be safe) Then when you get home click " temp/hold/run" button to return things back to normal rotation.

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
or even easier.. just click on your current motion profile and then click the " temp/hold/run" button..