Different FPS for continuous and event/motion recordings on Hikvision NVR

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision NVR. I remember this was doable but don't remember how it was done. So basically the recorder is recording at a lower frames per second continuously but when a motion/event is triggered then it will do a higher frames per second. So for example it would be recording 3 frames per second until a person comes into view so that is when it will up the frames per second to like 18. That way you get more days of recording. In theory if the image is not really changing then it uses the lower FPS and when a person/vehicle/etc comes into view then the higher frames will keep it from streaking/ghosting. Can someone refresh my memory on how it is done?

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision NVR. I remember this was doable but don't remember how it was done. So basically the recorder is recording at a lower frames per second continuously but when a motion/event is triggered then it will do a higher frames per second. So for example it would be recording 3 frames per second until a person comes into view so that is when it will up the frames per second to like 18. That way you get more days of recording. In theory if the image is not really changing then it uses the lower FPS and when a person/vehicle/etc comes into view then the higher frames will keep it from streaking/ghosting. Can someone refresh my memory on how it is done?
I don't use HIK, but on Dahua cams, this is configured in camera web panel (no NVR) in image / encode settings...
You can setup different encoding settings for continuous and events..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't use HIK, but on Dahua cams, this is configured in camera web panel (no NVR) in image / encode settings...
You can setup different encoding settings for continuous and events..

Thats only for snapshots not video, right?