Different motion settings for different areas of image

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before but I have tried searching.

Is it possible to have a different detection size for motion in some areas of the same camera image eg smaller areas where the camera is viewing an area further away and larger when closer.

I understand that the part of the image that typically looks at further away images isn't always further away if someone stands in front of the camera, but most of the time it is for me. And rather than having the whole motion detection with a small area of detection and have more false triggers I'd prefer to keep most of the image with a larger detection size.

I was thinking of setting up one camera as two in BI and have one with a smaller detection size in those areas of the image and another with larger size. Hiding the second setup so I only see one copy of that camera in BI.

Problem I see is this will increase CPU usage and I could end up with two motion recordings if both get triggered. Although the latter I could likely get around I guess.

I'm new to BI and away from my pc for now.

I haven't started with tinkering much with zone to zone etc that may help. So far the default settings with limiting detection areas has worked surprisingly well even outside.