Displayed channels black

numnutz

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua NVR4208-8P PoE (sys ver 3.200.0000.3)
(2) Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E
(4) IPC-HFW4300S

Ive has this Dahua NVR4208-8P POE for a couple years. It has run fine until recently. Suddenly for reasons unknown to me I cannot get all 6 channels to show up on the HDMI connected monitor for the live stream.
Until now, I could choose "View 8" and it would show all 6 channels with perfect images. Now it will not. It will show 4 if I choose "View 4", however.
There are also a few other issues that have suddenly appeared but they could be unrelated so I don't want to bring them up at this time. I tried resetting config to default and running the setup wizard but the problem persists.
Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing, or have any idea what us going on?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried reseating the hdmi cable? Try another cable and/or monitor? Those missing cameras are actually confirmed live with no issues themselves? You haven't noodled in the admin permissions have you? There's lots of stuff in there to check and uncheck, including what shows on screen.

numnutz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Shock. I did reseat the cable on both ends. No Change. The problem is, there is no indication of a monitor or cable problem. No indication of hardware problem at all for that matter. The cameras are all working fine, and every one can be seen in either the "View 4 (1-4)" and the "View 4 (5-8)" option.
When I switch to the View 8 option it shows all of the frames and their associated labels, but the image is only on the main larger frame. The rest of the frames are blacked out. What's strange is that even in the blacked out frames I can still see the motion detection icon pop up but no picture. It all worked perfectly until recently and I have made no changes.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Weird. Like I said, check the default account permissions in user accounts menu. I actually did some really dopey thing by accident in there recently, changing permissions settings, and when I went back to the monitor days later all channels were blacked out and all I could see was detection icon. I was like, what?! Then I re-enabled the default account- I'm pretty sure it was that account- for all permissions checked off and all was back. I did it though. Why yours would do it on it's own would be weird. Something to check , anyway, cause it sounds oddly similar.

numnutz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again, Shock. I checked the accounts and it all looks correct (default). I have never modified the accounts configuration myself.

Another thing to add-- not only will the display only show 4 camera streams maximum at one time, but when I go to the Search menu and review recorded video it will only show 4 cameras maximum there as well. I guess I will just have to live with it like this. I wonder it re-flashing the same version code to the box would fix this...

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be a bug. Check the channel display options in menus carefully since you did a reset. Funny thing is that for me, I almost never look at the local monitor. I'm checking remotely 99% of the time so it doesn't really matter what's going on with the local monitor display. Hope you get it sorted.