Dmss app no longer lets me view my cameras on cellular data

giannid

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve had my cameras and NVR for over 3 years now. In the last week every time I click on a camera while in cellular data, it gives me the connection failed after trying to load. Works fine on my local WiFi. Must be something with the last update. Anyone know the fix for this?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Remote viewing (on cellular) is dependent on either using P2P (enabled on the NVR) or a vpn like OpenVPN

I assume you're using P2P. Check and make sure its enabled on the NVR and that you're logged into the Dahua service in the app

giannid

n3wb
Reaction score
Remote viewing (on cellular) is dependent on either using P2P (enabled on the NVR) or a vpn like OpenVPN

I assume you're using P2P. Check and make sure its enabled on the NVR and that you're logged into the Dahua service in the app
Is it possible these settings got changed by themselves? I’ve been using on the app for years. I’m still getting motion notifications on the app from one of the cameras. When I try to view it on the app with cellular service it says connection failed. Seems like the problem just started with the update this last week.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Possible, we are seeing reports of issues with the latest app update. Always best to wait 6 months for an update to most anything ;)

giannid

n3wb
Reaction score
Possible, we are seeing reports of issues with the latest app update. Always best to wait 6 months for an update to most anything ;)
That’s great. Anyway I can go back to the old version of the app? I never updated it on my phone. Did it all by itself.