DMSS CONNECTION ERROR

jadehud10

n3wb
Reaction score
hi guys wondering if you could help, I'm an owner of an apartment and I was given the logins to be able to view the installed door camera. I was given user name password and the SN number. I installed dmss on my galaxy flip and followed instructions and it worked fine. My phone broke so got a new phone, A Samsung A33, I installed the dmss app followed instructions again but now I get a connection error. I've contacted the Company and they say its all working their end and it's fine for the neighbours too. Is something wrong on my settings? I literally click add device, type in SN number, select the dvr device then I don't get the option to add the user name or password, just an error screen. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, changed my connections to dns.google etc ensured the app and my phones software is up to date, that the app has all the premissions it needs, but no joy do you have any idea? Any help would be appreciated. thank you

After I add device it says failed to connect the device.possible reasons include: The device has not been initialized make sure your mobile phone and device are initialized in the same lan. Device network is not configured, please connect the device to a network cable and select the network configuration method

Also just to add I do not have access to the device itself this is controlled by the leaseholder of the building, I've been told that the problem is not their end as everyone else seems to be using it fine. As mentioned after I type in the SN number and select the device I do not get the option to add the device name or password

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you on the same wifi that the device is on when you are setting it up?

Also make sure you give permission to pretty much everything. It needs camera and storage permission as well. I had to go into global notifications and app notifications as well.

There are several DMSS apps on the play store. Are you on the DMSS made by Hangzhou CE-soft Technology Co., Ltd.?

jadehud10

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you on the same wifi that the device is on when you are setting it up?

Also make sure you give permission to pretty much everything. It needs camera and storage permission as well. I had to go into global notifications and app notifications as well.

There are several DMSS apps on the play store. Are you on the DMSS made by Hangzhou CE-soft Technology Co., Ltd.?

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply, I won't be on the same WiFi as the actual cameras and device belong to my leasehold building.

All of the residents that live in the block are given the SN number username and password. Every resident should have remote access. It's working for everyone else. I've checked my permissions and gave the app permissions for everything. I have downloaded the correct dmss app also. It worked perfectly on my old phone but as I say I don't even get the option to add the user name or password it just says failed.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you both using Dahua’s P2P? Likely there’s a problem with their servers/cloud service

jawadgdp

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting connection failed ipc while connecting with mobile data. However it works fine when connected with home wifi. P2p is enabled. Dhcp is also enabled

Craigj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi thanks for taking the time to reply, I won't be on the same WiFi as the actual cameras and device belong to my leasehold building.

All of the residents that live in the block are given the SN number username and password. Every resident should have remote access. It's working for everyone else. I've checked my permissions and gave the app permissions for everything. I have downloaded the correct dmss app also. It worked perfectly on my old phone but as I say I don't even get the option to add the user name or password it just says faile
I am getting connection failed ipc while connecting with mobile data. However it works fine when connected with home wifi. P2p is enabled. Dhcp is also enabled
we have changed our Wi-Fi box and it says connection error on phone works on tv not phones so you was using different wifi how did you rectify this as i can’t seem to sort it out