Do the Dahua mini-Bullet Cameras still have their place?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The bullet sized cameras I received recently are more than double the size (and beefier--consider them proper surveillance cameras) than the more popular mini-Bullet Cameras (that most DIY-systems, Amcrest, Swann, etc will include). Do the Dahua mini-Bullet Cameras still have their place or is just a matter of cost-savings and personal preference?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont like how close the IR is to the lens, and the IR is quite poor compared to the turret or larger bullets.

they are also very easy to tamper with since nothing is preventing someone from turning and pointing it at the ground..

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, also regarding IR, aren't all the IR lights supposed to be on when night vision is activated? Or is it a dynamic process where the lights turn on and off intermittently depending on the surrounding light source?

I dont like how close the IR is to the lens, and the IR is quite poor compared to the turret or larger bullets.

they are also very easy to tamper with since nothing is preventing someone from turning and pointing it at the ground..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if it has SmartIR, its basically got the IR on a dimmer and changes it accordingly to try to prevent objects from being overexposed..

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that :)

if it has SmartIR, its basically got the IR on a dimmer and changes it accordingly to try to prevent objects from being overexposed..