Does changing static ip address of cams mess with my BI settings?

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am moving my cams over to ip address that are not in the DHCP range. I know how to change the static ip of the cam. Will I lose my customized BI settings once I go back in to BI, camera settings, video, network IP configure, change ip address and hit find/inspect? Thanks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am moving my cams over to ip address that are not in the DHCP range. I know how to change the static ip of the cam. Will I lose my customized BI settings once I go back in to BI, camera settings, video, network IP configure, change ip address and hit find/inspect? Thanks.
No.
In BI, just change the IP address for the cam from old IP to new IP and click on "OK', no need to do a find/inspect (although it should not affect anything any way).
Do 1 at a time...change the cam's IP and make static in the cam's webGUI, save it, write it down, go over to BI to that cam and change as above, move on to the next cam, etc.

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@TonyR - thanks amigo. That worked. Feels good to finally clean that up. As long as I don't get more than 10 ipcams :)wow:), I won't have to mess with the range again.