Dome with IR that doesn't have glare issues?

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Came across this one from Axis Youtube channel.
It's said to not to buy Domes because of IR issues at night, this looks to be a promising change.

Seems like a similar IR arrangement to some dome PTZ cameras.
I'm looking forward to when Dahua/Hikvision have some reasonably priced domes with this IR.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cant see the dome with the IR on their website - which model it is ?
it looks like they are putting IR covers over the LED's to reduce the transmission of light and that is reducing the reflective glare.
the very brief video looks like the side of the hemisphere is "black" not clear.

pics of the actual model would explain more.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m not sure what Axis is touting as new or ground breaking?!? Hikvision offers many dome cameras with IR on the side while the lens is isolated with either a foam seal gasket to plastic barrier housing / both.

Below are just some random offerings from Hikvision that show how various dome cameras have just the foam seal on the lens and the bottom link where there’s a barrier strip around the IR frame assembly.

There are a couple models where the IR is completely blacked out as both sides are completely isolated from the main lens assembly but can’t seem to find it right now.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
This is similar to what I was talking about. You can see the two IR are separated by a plastic shield and the lens continues to use the foam filter.

The other one has the two outside IR blacked out and that area uses rubber gaskets with the plastic barrier strip frame.

IMG_8487.jpg

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
vid 38 seconds in you see the similar design to HIk above but with darkened plastic. it was probably ground breaking before Hik copied it :)

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
vid 38 seconds in you see the similar design to HIk above but with darkened plastic. it was probably ground breaking before Hik copied it :)
I can’t say if they copied it but can say that specific model has been out more than four years! All I’m saying is separating and using foam seals have been in use for at least 5 years by many other brands.

This comes off like what we used to see all the time from car makers. Every car would say ABS or something completely silly.

Oh look Dad that new model comes with tires and wipers! So kewl eh Son!

ADomani

n3wb
Reaction score
Axis created in 1984 made its first camera in 1990 and this one has never been copied since :)

200_front_right_on_stand_2600x1950.jpg

.... Hikvision not having seen the light of day until 2001;):lmao: