Door station and tablet

fenestren

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I’m Luca from Italy.
For my new house I’m looking for a video doorbell with the following specs:
  • It must be NO WI-FI and it should be powered via a normal PoE injector or 12VDC.
  • It can be connected to my mobiles so that I can receive a video call when someone pushes the button;
  • It can be connected to an Android tablet so that I can use the tablet instead of the indoor monitor;
  • It can be fully compatible with Home Assistant (that I have running on Debian 10) so that I can receive notifications on button pushing and motion detections on Home Assistant (both on PC and on the tablet);
  • It can be integrated into a video surveillance system in the future if I decide to create it (ONVIF I think should be advisable)
I know that both Dahua and Hikvision have good IP Villa Kit but I want the door station only to be connected to my Ethernet switch in order to have it connected to my FritzBox and my Home Assistant hosted on my Debian PC and on the tablet.

I hope I didn’t bother you with my post and I hope you will help me on this, please.
Thank you very much and take care!

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :cool:!

There is a forum here about doorbell cams. As many have noted, there is no perfect doorbell cam and limited POE versions, check the links below.

For POE, there is the Dahua VTO series, like the VTO2211G-P

fenestren

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning and thank you for your reply.
The PoE power supply is not mandatory since I can also use a 12VDC ps.
What I really need is all the remaining points since I don’t want to use a monitor but a tablet to integrate everything into the Home Assistant environment.
Considering this, is still the Dahua VTO you suggested your best choice, please?

Thank you so much.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The only wired doorbell cams that I know from the doorbell forum is the VTO and an off brand YooSee SD-M5. In either case, I wouldn't allow them access to the internet by using a separate VLAN that isn't exposed to the internet and use other software (Blue Iris) that can provide alerts. I have selected cams on my HA, using picture entities. I'm currently using a wireless Hikvision doorbell (first generation).

fenestren

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Agree! I don’t want to let the doorbell go online: I just need it to be connected via lan to my pc with HA.
I’d like to do the same as you: to have indoor/outdoor ip cameras and doorbell integrated into HA as picture-element and to receive from them notifications in case of motion or call.
Do you have a Hikvision indoor monitor to see who is at your door or just a phone/tablet (as I’d like to do)?
May I ask you what model of cameras and doorbell are you happily using with HA, please?

About outdoor cameras Imou New Bullet seems to me a good compromise between money and specs (ONVIF, light and alarm).
I’m going to make a choice and any help is really appreciated.

Thank you very much.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, I use Blue Iris software for alerts (SMS alert and email alert with image) and use mostly Dahua cams from Andy (EmpireTech) such as the 5442T. I use HA to view my door/window/garage z-wave sensors, turn on/off lights at a certain time and display four live cams. I use my cell phone and tablet to view HA and Blue Iris.

I believe you can create alerts directly from HA, like early on using motioneye addon, but there may be better ways now. Check out:

docx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I’m Luca from Italy.
For my new house I’m looking for a video doorbell with the following specs:
  • It must be NO WI-FI and it should be powered via a normal PoE injector or 12VDC.
  • It can be connected to my mobiles so that I can receive a video call when someone pushes the button;
  • It can be connected to an Android tablet so that I can use the tablet instead of the indoor monitor;
  • It can be fully compatible with Home Assistant (that I have running on Debian 10) so that I can receive notifications on button pushing and motion detections on Home Assistant (both on PC and on the tablet);
  • It can be integrated into a video surveillance system in the future if I decide to create it (ONVIF I think should be advisable)
I know that both Dahua and Hikvision have good IP Villa Kit but I want the door station only to be connected to my Ethernet switch in order to have it connected to my FritzBox and my Home Assistant hosted on my Debian PC and on the tablet.

I hope I didn’t bother you with my post and I hope you will help me on this, please.
Thank you very much and take care!
I have VTO2211G-WP, after a long time considering I have decided to go with that doorbell because it has WiFi as a redundancy if the LAN cable goes wrong for some reasons. It has an RFID card reader, a two-door ability to open, can work with PoE but at the moment I use a 12V DC 2.5A power supply but will switch to PoE when NVR gets from Andy. DMSS app works fine and I have it at the same time installed on 2 Android phones and on one tablet (some 8" Lenovo low-quality Android 6).
Also, at Home Assistant I've created an automation that when the button is pressed, chime inside of my house rings by Sonoff switch (when the button is pressed, the first thing that triggers is chime, then DMSS app notification comes up)
You have here instructions for VTO2202 but the same principle applies.
My NVR is on the way but as I see options on WebService2.0, you have RTSP so no worries there. VTO2202 is also great, a little bit more the cost but a wider field of view.

fenestren

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody and thanks again.
Do you suggest to buy a KIT (VTO+indoor monitor+switch PoE) or just a VTO + a tablet to install Dahua app on?
In case of a KIT, which monitor between the VTH2421FW-P (7 inch Linux monitor) OR VTH5321GW-W (7 inch android monitor)?

Many thanks.