doorbell ad110 / no live view

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
first i installed the camera completely and had it working perfectly except that the mechanical doorbell would not ring. So i disconnected the wires thereby powering the camera down. Reconnected the wires and went thru the entire process again and i had everything working great with the "amcrest smart home" app including the mechanical doorbell chime. So i decided i would set up the IP CAM VIEWER app on the roku tv.... I could not figure out what the login/password was. I knew the password. but no matter what i tried it would not connect. Then i went back to the phone to see if the "Login/username" was in the app somewhere....it is at this point the live view cease to function. If you go outside and ring the doorbell ....the mechanical door bell rings and the app shows a notification that somebody is there ringing the doorbell but there is no video.... you can talk and listen but no video. I have it setup to share so all phones in the house get notified when the door bell rings or whatever and the other phone does not have video either. try to call tech support but apparently they are only around during office hours. if anybody has any ideas other than chucking it out into the street and running over it....let me know.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The AD110 device credentials are not the same as the SmartHome app cloud login. The userid is admin and the p/w is defined during the initial device setup phase. The SH app doesn't provide a way to view or change it.

The problem with live view freezing at 99% usually indicates that a CGI API command was sent to the AD110 that was not properly handled internally. I've had this happen to me when experimenting with various API commands. Others have had it happen to them using BlueIris, IPConfig Tool, SmartPSS, etc., to configure the AD110 which might freeze the live display, or worse, brick it.

You should be able to do a factory reset to fix this issue and also reset your device password when setting it up again.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the live video problem was solved. It turned out that the phone itself was set up to connect to both 2g and 5g wifi and was constantly reconnecting to 5g. Once i forgot the settings in the android for wifi 5g.....it would connect to 2g wireless and everything worked. I have not been able to try and get the Roku app configured yet.