Doorbell Initial WiFi Connection Problem

latreche34

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to add the doorbell to my Hik-connect app (iPhone 6) and when I click add and scan barcode it detects the doorbell successfully and wants to connect to its WiFi which is softap_Serial# but it fails to connect and returns with a weird error message saying unable to connect to EZVIZ_Serial# network which is not the doorbell's wifi to begin with, Any idea why this is happening?
Here is some installation screen shots from the Hik-connect app:

IMG_E4195.JPG
IMG_E4196.JPG
IMG_E4197.JPG
IMG_E4198.JPG

MayorGeo

n3wb
Reaction score
Your iPhone should be connected to the same network as the doorbell. Go to the settings on your phone and turn on the wifi, select the wifi network, input the password, and connect. Then run the connection for the doorbell. The s/w will select the wifi network and just input the password and it should connect.

good luck,
geo

latreche34

n3wb
Reaction score
The phone has to connect to the doorbel's wifi first before I will be able to configure it to connect to any network and that step is not happening as I explained in my above post.

latreche34

n3wb
Reaction score
If you mean by select the "wifi network" the doorbel's network then it's in the screen shots, I've already done that.

MayorGeo

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry. I saw the TFW LTE and I didn't think you were connected via WIFI. I have Uniden DB1 doorbells. One was a refurb and I couldn't connect to it. Tech support reset the registered server on my doorbell and I was able to use it. Give HIK tech support.

latreche34

n3wb
Reaction score
No the doorbell is not registered on hik-connect app, or any other service, hikvision wont help because it’s not their doorbell.

latreche34

n3wb
Reaction score
As useless as this forum is, I will not delete this thread maybe someone has the same problem that I can help him, I figured it out on my own. Wow the most selfish community I've ever been in.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
As useless as this forum is, I will not delete this thread maybe someone has the same problem that I can help him, I figured it out on my own. Wow the most selfish community I've ever been in.
WTF are you even talking about? Perhaps no one knew the answer? Your thread is useless for other members as you didn’t even provide the answer to what fixed your issue.

Many of us don’t consider WiFi cameras worth a damn so we don’t have any of them.

latreche34

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the solution but I will share it with whom ever have the same problem as me.
Yeah well I don't like wifi camera's either all my security camera's are run by POe Ethernet true copper cable not AL copper clay crap. But guess what I'm not going to run a new wire for a freaking door bell, And why there is a doorbell section in the forum to begin with?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't understand why you don't document the answer here in your thread for future members.

Whatever bud. Glad you got it working anyhow...