Doorbell Reliable, Open and compatible with Fritz!Box

livebild

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to a connected doorbell which:
1) works reliably: meaning that when someone is ringing, I should be immediately notified (especially through the mobile app) and able to see/speak clearly.
2) is open: it should interface with other systems like Blue Iris or Home Assistant
3) (if possible) can interface with the Fritz!Box to ring the associated landline phones (with Live-Bild, meaning I can see the person who is ringing on my landline phone)

Because of reliability, I was mainly looking at PoE doorbells and I found:
A) Alphago ALP-600: around 350€
B) Doorbird D1101V: around 470€
C) Dahua DHI-VTO2202F-P: around 130€

Alphago seems to be the easiest one to make it work reliably (with a great support from the vendor) but it doesn't seem to be very open (except to Fritz!Box). For instance I haven't found anything about interface with Home Assistant. It seems to be not very well known outside Germany.
Doorbird seems to be the open one (Blue Iris, Home Assistant, Fritz!Box, etc.) but it is very expensive and based on the reviews, it doesn't seem to work that good. Image quality is also not so great according to this post: IP Video Intercoms
Dahua looks very interesting (and cheap !) but it is not easily compatible with Fritz!Box (with some hacking with the older model, apparently you can get the voice but not the video: Dahua VTO2000A an FritzBox!)

So it looks like I'd need to dump my requirement about the Fritz!Box and Go with Dahua.
Is there some other doorbells I have missed ?

Thanks

raintonr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for something similar.

Can I ask why you considered the DHI-VTO2202F-P over Dahua's modular DHI-VTO4202F-P model?

Have you considered the Hikvision DS-KD8003? I'm guessing perhaps it's not open enough/easy enough to connect to other systems for your requirements or was there another reason?

Or how about Akuvox? They seem to have a number of models that could work for you, and reading the manuals seem to be able to work with external systems.

Cheers,

Robin

livebild

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I think DHI-VTO2202F-P and DHI-VTO4202F-P are more or less the same behind, except that the latter is more expensive,

In the links I have given, the image quality of Hikvision DS-KD8003 doesn't look so great: IP Video Intercoms
In addition, it is not standalone and not ONVIF compliant.

Never heard about Akuvox.

In the end I ordered a set of DHI-VTO4202F-P modules. I hope that it won't be too difficult to set up !

raintonr

n3wb
Reaction score
In the end I ordered a set of DHI-VTO4202F-P modules. I hope that it won't be too difficult to set up !
Cool - would be interested to hear how you go with this gear if you would please update us.

Thx.