Download Files from SD card.

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an IP8M-T2669EW-AI.
Using an internal SD card for videos. Tried to set the path to download recorded videos and it says "All downloaded files will save to your current browsers download folder" This is the only option. However, they do not appear in my browsers download folder after clicking the download arrow. Cannot find them. Also, is there any way to delete individual files from the SD card? Would the Dahua software be better? Thanks

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have no interest in the app at this time. I would just like to download selected videos from the SD card to my PC using the browser.
Thanks

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Come on guys. You should be able to select a file on your camera SD card and download it from the web interface. Please do not respond if you have no idea.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have an IP8M-T2669EW-AI.
Using an internal SD card for videos. Tried to set the path to download recorded videos and it says "All downloaded files will save to your current browsers download folder" This is the only option. However, they do not appear in my browsers download folder after clicking the download arrow. Cannot find them. Also, is there any way to delete individual files from the SD card? Would the Dahua software be better? Thanks
If you know the IP address of the camera, open internet explorer, and navigate to that IP.
When it ask's to install the plugin, do so.
Then at the top of the page you should see Playback and there you can handle the files.
More here:

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I have read the manual. No one uses Internet Explorer.
Are you saying that the Amcrest web interface does not work with Chrome or Firefox?

There is a download arrow next to each file on the SD card. All I am asking is where is it putting them.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I have read the manual. No one uses Internet Explorer.
Are you saying that the Amcrest web interface does not work with Chrome or Firefox?

There is a download arrow next to each file on the SD card. All I am asking is where is it putting them.
Well, yes they do. Some cameras settings will only work correctly with IE.....as that is what the plugin was designed for.
You can simply search using the file type your entire pc. Such as *.dav or *.mp4.
As Amcrest are simply rebadged Dahua, My Dahua stores them here:

1624399266203.png

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did search *.mp4 and the files are not on the PC.
I tried Microsoft Edge and the files downloaded properly to the downloads folder. There was no plug-in offered.

It appears that the Amcrest web interface is not compatible with Firefox.

Is Amcrest not aware that IE is an obsolete, non-secure, unsupported browser? Does anyone know if the Dahua web interface supports current browsers?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Um, most of these types of cameras were developed around IE and they have not had a reason to make a change.

It is a well kept secret that IE is baked into Windows 10, so it still works. Type explorer in the search and watch what happens....

Since Amcrest is made by Dahua, Dahua needs IE as well. Some browsers will work, but some of the cameras do not have full functionality unless using IE.

Dahua has a new update coming out at some point that should hopefully eliminate the IE requirement, so until then, decide if you are too good for IE and not use and thus potentially lose functionality, or suck it up and use it LOL. ;) :lmao:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried Microsoft Edge and the files downloaded properly to the downloads folder. There was no plug-in offered.

Is Amcrest not aware that IE is an obsolete, non-secure, unsupported browser? Does anyone know if the Dahua web interface supports current browsers?
Yes, they are working on getting away from IE. Glad you know it all. As I said, some cameras STILL require the use of IE for proper operation of settings and such...that includes Dahua.
Most cameras are not compatible with firefox.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Since Edge works fine for you without a plugin, then your camera apparently works with or without a plugin, dependent on what browser you use. I've seen that mentioned for other recent Amcrest firmware.
See the first paragraph in the attached screenshot from the IP8M-T2669-AI User Manual, not the user manual referenced in an earlier post. If you want to try the "better experience" with the plugin, then load the camera login page in Edge, click ... at upper right, More Tools, Reload in Internet Explorer Mode. That is now Microsoft's legacy support for "plugin". IE wil lose support in 2022, and problably not be included in Windows 10 either.

You cannot delete individual SD card files. Go to Web UI SD card Format to delete all.
Screenshot_20210622-144214_Chrome.jpg