Download site for the latest 5442 camera software?

ipmania

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do people keep the firmware for their cameras up to date?

I notice that my Andy 5442 has "System Version2.820.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-29"

Is this the latest? And if not (or in the future), where can I download new firmware for this camera?

I'm new to the arena, but for computers and photography cameras, I usually like to keep my equipment up to date. By "usually", I always update new equipment before using them. Though for older pieces, if they have been working well and their functionality won't change, I also use the "if it ain't broke..." approach.

Reaction score
No. Smart people only update the firmware if it is needed. Like there is a fix for a problem that you are experiencing. Or a new feature that you really need is available.

Cam firmware updates can be problematic. Some folks have bricked a cam doing an update tht was not needed.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Updating firmware have been a perfectly acceptable process on pretty much all computer/networking type devices for quite some time now (quite literally decades) with very minimal risk of bricking.

And yet somehow camera manufacturers seem to have made it one of the riskiest tasks you can perform with your camera.

It just shows the immaturity of the industry.