Dropping a 90 ft. Pin Oak Tree

Reaction score
I honestly didn’t think the notch cut in that tree was going to be big enough to fell that large a tree in the proper direction. It looked to be cabled off to the left, I suppose as an added safety precaution.

Even deteriorated like it was, that thing must have weighed soooo fricking much to shake you that far away. I have a giant red maple variant at the old property, since the house was built in 1908 I suppose the tree is at least that old (approx 4ft across the trunk). It’s something to see trees nearing or more than 100 years old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, the workers in the boom truck pic did wear PPE as they work for the utility co. Tree is gone but still lost power again from a tree issue down the street. My cams kept rolling for 45 minutes as they were on a UPS as well as my BI machine, so I was happy about that. I did learn a lesson here though. I had my cam that shot this video in color mode because I have plenty of street light. Of course that all went out the window when the power went out. So the quality sucks. The lightning plays havoc on the aperture, but you can see my other cams IR lights. Going back to IR mode for next time. The sound of the arcing woke me right up...very loud !