DS-20322WD-i 2MP Exir turret

bestboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh! OK. The LTS CMIP3032-28 is based on the predecessor DS-2332WD-I so the images are not relevant wrt the topic "DS-2322WD-I 2MP EXIR turret". The new WDR 2MP turret has an entirely different sensor than the old 3MP turret. Thanks anyways.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was looking at placing an order for two new 120db cams but decided to go with regular 2mp cams.

bestboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I'm in the same situation. I'm looking for a solution to cover a narrow path way and I don't need 4MP to do it. According to the ipvm.com calculator pixel density using the 2MP version with a 4mm focal length objective is sufficient to do identification at 3m and recognition at up to 12m.
The 4MP version will just add another meter distance for identification (4m) and bump up recognition range to 15m. That's not much use to my operational requirement. I'd rather have better low light behavior. I hope that the DS-2322WD-I is better in this regard as it has the bigger sensor (1/2.8" vs 1/3") and can capture more light per pixel due to the bigger pixels.

Operational requirement
Horizontal pixels / FacePixels / cmPixels / inch
Identification (Challenging conditions)80 px/face
5 px/cm12,5 px/in
Identification (Good conditions³)40 px/face2,5 px/cm6,3 px/in
Recognition20 px/face1,25 px/cm3,2 px/in
Detection4 px/face
0,25 px/cm0,6 px/in
source: http://www.axis.com/files/feature_articles/ar_perfect_pixel_count_55971_en_1402_lo.pdf

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here are three cameras that you can look at and see if they will work for your situation. All three are offered by Nelly's Security, a member on here. First is the Dahua IPC-HDBW2300R-Z, next is the ESIP-MP3-DMZF1, and last is the ESIP-PTZMICRO . Maybe one of those will work for you. With any external camera we recommend adding white light if you want to keep the image in color at night or add external ir if you want a better night image.

bestboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely add white light to the scene. I'd prefer recording at night in B/W mode without IR, but I'll first have to see what shutter speeds are possible then. I'm not too big a fan of IR as it tends to glare and can be exploited easily.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep you can disable ir and just use a good amount of white light to include motion lights. I want to start using color at day and night. Going to have to really have good white light output so that I can actually tell colors.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did some more tweaking. Here is where my image is at now
Driveway.20160110_183031.jpg

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Blake, for new WD 120db, its definitive that the 2MP is better than the 4MP? thanks in advance. Read many posts about hikvision 4MP being not good at night.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't have a 4mp. Highest I've gone is three. Personally I prefer the normal 2MP not the 120db version cams at all.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I don't have a 4mp. Highest I've gone is three. Personally I prefer the normal 2MP not the 120db version cams at all.
So you like normal 2MP vs 120db version, could you summarize your experience on this, greatly appreciated.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The 120db version just isn't what it's cracked up to be. The image isn't any better.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The 120db version just isn't what it's cracked up to be. The image isn't any better.
I also think the 2MP non-WDR cameras have a great image but the WDR does make a difference. Put them both at zero and you'll see a difference (it's passive at zero), put the WDR at 15 on both and the difference will be very noticeable.

Obviously lighting conditions are important, if you are pointing towards the sun then you will notice WDR more, if you are pointing away from lighting sources, well... it won't make much if any difference.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are correct it does depending on area being covered. In my own trial and error. The standard 2MP 2332 turret has suited all my installation needs.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are correct it does depending on area being covered. In my own trial and error. The standard 2MP 2332 turret has suited all my installation needs.
+1, the 2MP/3MP is still great in the right locations! And is great-value too.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep! LTS beats my local supplier hands down even with shipping! Until they are of no more, I will continue to use them in all my installs.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a customer that wants two more added this weekend!!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What I meant was that the face is black like the expensive bosch illuminators oh and poe. Cheapest I've found us about 180.00

Last edited by a moderator: