DS-2CD2032F-I, SD card AND SMB share, what is it going to do?

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question:
If stick a 64GB microsd card into my DS-2CD2032F-I AND set up a SMB "drive", what will it do? Write to both?

Background
I have a DS-2CD2032F-I with a 64GB microsd card that I've been using as a poor man's NVR. Been working great but the number of days of storage is small especially on windy days.

This weekend I set up a SMB share using OpenMediaVault and have confirmed it works for my other Hik turret camera that doesn't have a built in microsd slot, however I'd like to have the DS-2CD2032F-I write to it also.

Do I need to remove the microsd card from the DS-2CD2032F-I to only write to the SMB share?

Also, will the DS-2CD2032F-I overwrite older data on the SMB share like it does seamlessly on the microsd card?

Thanks in advance.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Went ahead and configured the camera with the micro sd card still installed.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question:
If stick a 64GB microsd card into my DS-2CD2032F-I AND set up a SMB "drive", what will it do? Write to both?

Background
I have a DS-2CD2032F-I with a 64GB microsd card that I've been using as a poor man's NVR. Been working great but the number of days of storage is small especially on windy days.

This weekend I set up a SMB share using OpenMediaVault and have confirmed it works for my other Hik turret camera that doesn't have a built in microsd slot, however I'd like to have the DS-2CD2032F-I write to it also.

Do I need to remove the microsd card from the DS-2CD2032F-I to only write to the SMB share?

Also, will the DS-2CD2032F-I overwrite older data on the SMB share like it does seamlessly on the microsd card?

Thanks in advance.
Answering my own post - When I first set up the SMB share on the camera with the micro SD card installed, it appears it made a backup of every file on the card on the SMB share too. New videos however are seamlessly stored somewhere - can't tell if it's the SD card or the SMB share but the number of days of storage definitely is greater - just what I wanted.

The camera too is handling overwriting older files so I don't need to clean up the SMB share as it fills up. Same thing for the Hikvision camera without built in micro-sd card that is also writing to an SMB share.