DS-2CD2035-I Won't Record to NAS

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just bought a couple DS-2CD2035-I cams from Amazon, got one powered up and I've logged into the web interface.

I turned on the motion detection and got it showing in the live view screen. So far so good. I then configured the storage schedule and NAS location, tested the NAS location (it said the test was successful) and thought I would be good to go. So far, this camera has yet to record any footage despite detecting motion.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is a camera issue or a NAS config issue but I would appreciate some help if you guys know what might be wrong. I really don't like the way you input the server address so maybe that's causing a problem? That this point, I don't even know how I could test that.

Cheers,

Layer 3.jpg Layer 4.jpg Layer 5.jpg Layer 6.jpg

Reaction score
OK, just did some digging around and it looks like the HDD Management is linked to the Net HDD so I just tried formatting HDD 1 and I got the error in the attached photo. How do I initialize the HDD and format it without getting an error?

Layer 7.jpg

Reaction score
Ok, I got it. I think the problem was that I didn't define a size for the drive so the software saw the capacity as being zero. I set the share size to 1TiB and now it works perfectly :)