DS-2CD2132F-IS stuck in reboot loop

permster

n3wb
Reaction score
So I dorked up my Chinese DS-2CD2132F-IS bad by not doing proper research with a failed 5.3.0 firmware upgrade attempt. I performed the downgrade process back to 5.2.5 which actually worked initially but then I tried the mtd hack to get English language back and now it's stuck in a reboot loop. I'm able to run the hikvision tftp and it says system update completed but after powering off the camera and powering back on (poe) it's stuck in the loop. The camera originally shipped with 5.2.0 and I've also tried 5.1.2, 5.2.3, and 5.2.5 firmware with the same issue.

I then tried leaving the tftp program running as documented in the mtd brick recovery but at that point it won't let me telnet in. It says connection refused. Odd part is that I can FTP into the camera at that same point but no telnet.

About the only things I seem to be able to do are flash the firmware which I'm not even sure is happening after the camera reboots since it goes into a reboot loop and FTP into the camera which I'm not sure does me any good.

Any ideas where I can go from here?

permster

n3wb
Reaction score
Never mind, this was an ID10T error. My pea brain was trying to SSH in instead of telnet for the mtd brick recovery instructions. All good now. Awesome threads by the way for 5.3.0 rollback and mtd brick recovery!