DS-2CD2132F-IS upgrade failed, trying to restore

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I recently got a Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS from Aliexpress, the label at the bottom says fw version 5.3.0, but if i remember correctly, it was shipped with 5.2.5 Multilanguage.
I, stupidly, tried to upgrade it to 5.3.0 with an original version from the Hikvision website.
The device got stuck in a reboot loop.

I am able to let the camera download other firmware versions i found on the forum, but after "Completed file transmit", i see no more activity.
But it seems the ipcam has IP 192.168.1.64 after completed file transmit, but i have no luck browsing to it or start a telnet session (only ping responds).

I did read a lot of topics, but i have no luck restoring the device.

If anyone can help me out, please help me.

Thank you very much!

I fixed the issue mentioned above by following this thread: http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English

<<<< UPDATE >>>>
Since today, i had the camera a few days off power, it does not seem to boot anymore (IR lights go on, no DHCP).
I retried to upgrade the firmware again, the camera does connect to my TFTP server running on 192.0.0.128, but stops after test TFTP server and is not responding to ping anymore.

Anyone ideas please?

Last edited by a moderator:

nugat1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks.
I've had the same situation.
The provided solution (Link) fixed for me too.