ds-2cd2146g2-isu ds-2cd2147g2-isu awfull microphone sound quality, literraly unsusable

loopdemack

n3wb
Reaction score
ds-2cd2146g2-isu and ds-2cd2147g2-isu
dome IPC, has awful microphone sound quality, literally unusable.

I'm thinking of adding external microphones, I don't know which one are good, but the ones inside the cams are awful.

Also beside choosing the right Ext. Mic. when you connect the external mic , does the internal get disabled or is there some micro-switch inside the cam to disable the internal mic.

I want to get a human voice and to exclude environmental sound. With these IPC enabling "disable environmental sound" almost destroys human voice and raises the environmental sound.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
ds-2cd2146g2-isu and ds-2cd2147g2-isu
dome IPC, has awful microphone sound quality, literally unusable.

I'm thinking of adding external microphones, I don't know which one are good, but the ones inside the cams are awful.

Also beside choosing the right Ext. Mic. when you connect the external mic , does the internal get disabled or is there some micro-switch inside the cam to disable the internal mic.

I want to get a human voice and to exclude environmental sound. With these IPC enabling "disable environmental sound" almost destroys human voice and raises the environmental sound.
You'll simply go to the camera settings and choose line in vs mic in.

As it relates to a better microphone comes down to how much money you have and the willingness to spend it. :thumb:

There are literally hundreds of microphones that are directional vs omnidirectional. Some do better as it relates wind noise using a dead mouse vs foam.

If the climate is extreme you’ll need to spend more for a properly IP rated microphone which by default narrows down the choices even more! :facepalm:

Lots of people like the microseven . . .