DS-2CD2332-I motion detection not working with QNAP Surveillance Station NVR

Vlad1981

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking at using motion detection to trigger events in the NAS surveillance software, which in turn to send an email to a pre-defined email address that I use.

My setup involves Hikvision IP cams model DS-2CD2332-I, firmware V5.4.5, and QNAP Surveillance Station V5.2.0.4.4 as NVR.
On the camera side I am using Motion detection, as I understand QNAP does not support Smart Events. I used both Normal and Expert mode to draw the area, set the Sensitivity to 100 to capture everything, defined 24/7 schedule and checked Notify Surveillance Center. Saved.

On the Surveillance Station (SS) side, I defined an action to send an email for an motion detection event from the camera, and tested that the email goes through, which works.

I am also looking in SS in the Surveillance Logs, and no event shows for motion detection.

Since there is no event showing up in the Surveillance logs, my conclusion is that the event is not triggered by the camera. Am I doing something wrong with the settings, or is it a problem in the camera (or the SS)?

Thank you.