DS-2CD2332-I No Link in DVR. Camera Firmware?

ceckard

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a DS-2CD2332-I that when I plug into a 7108 DVR it will show no link. I've got two DVR's and they work fine with other cameras. One think I notice is the firmware on this camera is 5.3.0 and the others are 5.2.5. The serial number has a CCWR in it, so I don't believe it has chinese firmware on it and the date on the sticker is 09/15. I can see the camera in SADP when connected to a computer powered by an external 12VDC power supply. I was able to "Activate" the camera in ivms-4200 by changing the default password. I just don't know what to do to get it to show up on the 7108 DVR. The DVR has 3.0.10 firmware on it.

I could really use some help. I tried using whoslooking's 5.30 to 5.25 firmware downgrade and couldn't ever get it to work. It would go through everything but just never would show that it was complete. And tried a multitude of different firmware on it. The only one that I could get to go back on it was 5.3.0 from here:
http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/download_89_p2.html#prettyPhoto It was the 7th one down but I believe it to be English firmware.

I would be more than happy to provide some more information if anybody can help.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've got a DS-2CD2332-I that when I plug into a 7108 DVR it will show no link. I've got two DVR's and they work fine with other cameras. One think I notice is the firmware on this camera is 5.3.0 and the others are 5.2.5. The serial number has a CCWR in it, so I don't believe it has chinese firmware on it and the date on the sticker is 09/15. I can see the camera in SADP when connected to a computer powered by an external 12VDC power supply. I was able to "Activate" the camera in ivms-4200 by changing the default password. I just don't know what to do to get it to show up on the 7108 DVR. The DVR has 3.0.10 firmware on it.

I could really use some help. I tried using whoslooking's 5.30 to 5.25 firmware downgrade and couldn't ever get it to work. It would go through everything but just never would show that it was complete. And tried a multitude of different firmware on it. The only one that I could get to go back on it was 5.3.0 from here:
http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/download_89_p2.html#prettyPhoto It was the 7th one down but I believe it to be English firmware.

I would be more than happy to provide some more information if anybody can help.
The Tftp can take ages to fully complete on the later firmware. Give it a good half hour to an hour

If you still don't get a success message you may have to use the serial connection directly into the camera this will load the firmware fine

ceckard

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks reeves1985. I will load it again and let it sit for a while longer. For what it's worth I had the this problem with these cameras when they were new out of the box and that's why I went down the avenue of trying to load new firmware on them. They are back at there default firmware now. Older 5.25 cameras work fine on both dvr's newer 5.30 cameras will not work on either dvr. From what I can tell they are all English versions of the camera by the CCWR code in the serial number.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks reeves1985. I will load it again and let it sit for a while longer. For what it's worth I had the this problem with these cameras when they were new out of the box and that's why I went down the avenue of trying to load new firmware on them. They are back at there default firmware now. Older 5.25 cameras work fine on both dvr's newer 5.30 cameras will not work on either dvr. From what I can tell they are all English versions of the camera by the CCWR code in the serial number.
They can be a pain
It seems now that hikvision are trying to close the grey market each firmware release is more picky that the last.

I only have the older 2032 cams so can't directly test. It's just information I have pieced together from different threads and posts.
I've been having fun with a Chinese nvr with the new firmware and encryption.

But even that won't accept Tftp and I've had to use a direct serial connection to get Tftp to work.
At least I've found a workaround to get the interface in English.

ceckard

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I tried your idea and let it set for about an hour or so after I got the "Device[192.0.0.64] system update complete!" message but still can't get this thing to show anything but "No Link" on the DVR. I'm almost wondering about a setting, that I might be missing, in the DVR. I've tried different cables with the same result. It's like the DVR just never see's the camera.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well I tried your idea and let it set for about an hour or so after I got the "Device[192.0.0.64] system update complete!" message but still can't get this thing to show anything but "No Link" on the DVR. I'm almost wondering about a setting, that I might be missing, in the DVR. I've tried different cables with the same result. It's like the DVR just never see's the camera.
Off the wall idea
Have you checked and double checked it's the right firmware for the camera?

ceckard

n3wb
Reaction score
Well... That's a good question. I've got 4 of these cameras that won't work out of the box on either of the DVR's. I took one down and that's the one that I have been experimenting with different firmware with. The sticker on the side of the camera shows 5.3.0. And so far the only firmware that I have been able to get loaded on it is a 5.3.0 version from the link that I mentioned above.

Is it really the correct firmware? I'm not sure that I know the answer to that. It is the only firmware that I can get to load that I've tried. I've tried the 5.2.5 downgrade from whoslooking, 5.1.6 from whoslooking, 5.3.0 from the Chinese Hikvison website and none of those would load. The camera would go into min-system when I tried loading them. I've got 3 other cameras that are the same way that have not been connected to anything but the DVR so they have the same firmware on them that they came with and show "No Link" also.

On a side note I looked around and found 2 more 5.3.0 (05/15) camera's I had laying around and plugged them into the DVR and they worked like they should.