DS-2CD2335-I no image - 8°F outside

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I started receiving a 'no signal' error from Blue Iris on one of my DS-2CD2335-I cameras. The temperature outside was as low as 5°, but it didn't go until it had already warmed up to 8°F.

I have about a dozen DS-2CD2335-I cameras all over the exterior, and none of them seem to have any issue, except for this one.

I can log into the web GUI of the camera and all options are available and configurable, but the screen is simply grey. It's not like the screen you get when the plugin isn't working. The page is fully loading, and trying to show something - there's just nothing there.

I've rebooted the camera from the maintenance screen, but once it comes back online, the screen looks the same (and BI is not able to pull a signal - even when clicking "restart camera" within BI).

Are some cameras more susceptible to cold than others (of the same model)? Does this sound like a temp issue, or am I barking up the wrong tree.

FWIW, I've never had BI show no signal, when the camera wasn't completely unreachable. This is the first time the camera still responds but doesn't have signal.

I am about 700 miles from the camera location (it's 75°F here), so I can't physically inspect the camera or power cycle it.

I'm open to suggestions on what I can try (configuration-wise).

Thanks...

Lorian

n3wb
Reaction score
Try a different browser
Try (very briefly) disabling your AV software

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The black screen would occasionally show flickers and squares. Pretty sure the camera has an issue. It warmed up above freezing today and the image returned. There is probably a loose connection inside the camera (imager perhaps) that breaks under extreme cold. I'll take it apart an clean/reseat all boards and harnesses on my next trip to the property.