DS-2CD2342WD-I 4mp cameras with DS-7608NI-E2/8P on firmware v3.0.8

P9dyl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

First thread on here. I have a couple of questions I hope some of you gurus might be able to help me with.

Although it's my first thread, I have found alot of helpful information on here regarding IP cameras. I bought and self installed a DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR with 3x DS-2CD2032-I and 1x DS-2CD2332-I 3mp cameras (multi language from Ali Express) last January after some intruders were in my garden which i suspect they were trying to steal my dogs... Anyway, on to my issue.

I have added 2x DS-2CD234WD-I 4mp cameras to my NVR and have been reading a bit about problems regarding 4MP cameras and older NVR's. I have managed to manually add the cameras to the NVR using the SADP software and assigning IP addresses. The issue I now have is that I can only set the cameras up to record in 1080p, I can change to 4mp resolution which is accepted and shows on my screen settings but when I log back into the camera again it's reset back to 1080p.

From doing a bit of research it would seem that I need to upgrade the firmware on my NVR to v3.3.4. I just wanted to clarify that this was the case and also that it would have no affect on my muti language 3mp cams which I expect are hacked chinese versions. There is also a new firmware v3,4,1 released on 11th January, has anyone upgraded to this, and if I have to upgrade should it be to the latest version?

Also I have read that alot have people have bricked their NVR's upgrading their firmware which is why if possible I would like to see if there is a solution withut upgrading. Is the safest way to upgrade via USB stick, if it came to that?

Im based in the UK so should I get my firmware from Hikvision Europe site? My NVR was also purchased through Ali Express.

Thanks,

Dylan

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This has been covered before a lot of times! And you can find all of this using the search function.

If you want 4MP then update to v3.3.4, v3.4.1 is out but don't update to that, use the search function to find out why! Hikvision Europe website has v3.3.4 on it.

Update it using the web-gui.

P9dyl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Del Boy,
Yes I've seen it covered quite a bit but all I could find was regarding Chinese versions or the NVR not picking the cams up at all. Mines actually is happy to go to 4mp and shows the change on my monitor but then changes back again once I exit the settings menu in the camera.

Ok thanks, i will get it updated to 3.3.4. I thought there might be higher potential for bricking when upgrading via web? Is it still possible to do via USB and is there any downside doing it this way?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Web-Gui safer than USB stick, so that's the downside of USB.

Make sure your NVR isn't Chinese. Now I think about it, it probably is.

P9dyl

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, that's what I was worried about. Is there any way I can tell if its a chinese version for sure? I thought the "NI" meant it was the International version, also it came in the red and white english written retail packaging.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
NI means it's International but just because they said it was NI doesn't mean it is NI. If the Web-Gui says model NI then it is.

P9dyl

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, yes it is the NI version. Thanks for your help.

So to confirm, to update firmware via web gui I should connect to the NVR via its IP address on my laptop through my web browser (Firefox) and once in, update from there?

P9dyl

n3wb
Reaction score
Upgrade went fine, but I have lost one of my chinese cameras, it now says language mismatch :( can you point me in the right direction to remedy? (if its possible)

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Upgrade went fine, but I have lost one of my chinese cameras, it now says language mismatch :( can you point me in the right direction to remedy? (if its possible)
Was it multi language?

P9dyl

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes all 4 of my 3mp were multi language and bought at the same time.

The one that is not showing on the NVR has below firmware

Model DS-2CD2032-I
Firmware VersionV5.2.3 build 141024
Encoding VersionV5.0 build 140714

and the other 3 which are working fine cams are on the below firmware

Firmware VersionV5.2.0 build 140721
Encoding VersionV5.0 build 140714

Last edited by a moderator:

P9dyl

n3wb
Reaction score
Also now I can't connect to iVMS-4500 on my mobile, or get in to the NVR web GUI, its IP address is unchanged from before, I have rest my router with no success.

I can connect to the NVR if I use the subnet IP address with ethernet cable from my laptop to port 1 of NVR

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This has been covered before a lot of times! And you can find all of this using the search function.

If you want 4MP then update to v3.3.4, v3.4.1 is out but don't update to that, use the search function to find out why! Hikvision Europe website has v3.3.4 on it.

Update it using the web-gui.
I searched for 3.4.1 and "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms"

P9dyl

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I'm making some progress.

I can now view the NVR using its IP address and see video from all my cams.

I also managed to get my lost camera back by setting it to manual and changing the protocol to ONVIF.
Only thing I cant do now is view all my cams from the iVMS4500 app, when I look in settings on NVR under Advanced network settings, platform access menu. I have;

enable menu- ticked
platform access- EZVIZ cloud p2
server ip- dev.ezviz7.com
register status- offline

I suspect the register status is the problem, the only thing I can think of is after i upgraded firmware on NVR it asked where I was located, I input Europe and England as there was no Scotland (Where im from) or UK option, where as in the app there is no England but only UK option.

Can anyone confirm that they are using EZVIZ on firmware 3.3.4 with no issues?

Dylan