DS-2CD2347G2-LU no LED control

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought this and found out late last night that the 5.5.73 firmware on it no longer has LED control. Is there a way to put a version of firmware, custom or public release that will give me the ability to control the LED and have it come on only for motion? It's the primary reason I wanted a warm LED camera.

Thank you!

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just bought this and found out late last night that the 5.5.73 firmware on it no longer has LED control.
What settings did you have to control the LED in the old firmware? I've been trying to work out how to set the LED to only come on with motion on a DS-2CD2387G2 - which uses the same firmware. My current firmware is V5.7.2 build 211109

Older firmware versions are here

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What settings did you have to control the LED in the old firmware? I've been trying to work out how to set the LED to only come on with motion on a DS-2CD2387G2 - which uses the same firmware. My current firmware is V5.7.2 build 211109
Found it- under the Basic Event, Motion Detection, Linkage Method, White Light.

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score

Older firmware versions are here
I never had it but based that capability off reading reviews. I will take a look tonight on what you posted. Thank you!

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
They say to contact them for custom firmware and I'm unsuccessful getting a link or email to do that. Anyone have the file?

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried some settings on mine thinking it may have disabled the light unless the camera was triggered, but instead I've got the light on dimly all the time. I'll have to upgrade to that firmware.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I updated one of mine to the UK firmware with the additional light control switching via motion- the light also comes on during the day if set to motion triggering. You can also set how many seconds you want it to stay on for.