DS-2CD2387G2-L(U)

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting idea. I tried that stuff on another project many years ago, not used it recently though. Might be a little thick though for a turret? Won't leave much room for adjusting the angle.

I guess I could get it fixed and the angle set, then remove it and plastidip it. Could be worth a shot! Good idea :)

Freubel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting idea. I tried that stuff on another project many years ago, not used it recently though. Might be a little thick though for a turret? Won't leave much room for adjusting the angle.

I guess I could get it fixed and the angle set, then remove it and plastidip it. Could be worth a shot! Good idea :)
Spray and pray ? :D

Freubel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Weirdly that was my motto when I used to play a lot of paintball back in the day, and remarkably that was also the hobby that involved my last plastidip project!
Not sure but i think Americans pretty much use that phrase everyday hides under the table

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nah, not COP. Forgot about them after doing all my googling. Seems they don't rank that great in the UK organically, Ended up registering with about 5 other companies that repeatedly showed up in searches.

I think DVS were the best price in the end, so ordered from there, as well as cctvdirectonline for my first order, which I think you recommended? Before I started getting some trade accounts.

Only about half way done ordering what I need so far for my primary install though, and have had requests to sort out additional installs., so will put it on my to do list to register with COP too to check them out too now that you've reminded me.

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Gary will be jealous when he finds out that I've been seeing the DHL driver on the side.

Looking forward for a bit of hammer action from his package.....which contains an SDS drill to deal with some 100 year old walls that have my classic drill beat.

1643882832908.png

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
lol, not yet. Nearly fell off it while I also had the angle grinder going earlier....lucky I'm ending the day with the same number of limbs that I woke up with! :oops:

Got some good use out of the SDS drill though, holy smokes are they great. With a 400mm drill bit it went through the wall like butter compared to my old drill.

These 2387s sure are big boys once you add the back box:

1643912162991.png

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DVS had about 100 of the new LSU ones in stock when I first ordered a week or so ago, then 70 a few days ago, now they're all sold out.

Freubel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SDS drills are great, i bought a Bosch blue sometime ago when we remodelled the house, (always a great excuse to buy tools) had to make some holes in the concrete floors, went trough it like a government burns trough taxpayers money.

Last edited:

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Aside from the color the night videos don't look any better than my old 2MP 5231 IR camera.
You should notice a massive difference in the detail within the scene (8MP vs 2MP)

but I need to add more lights to help the camera.
Are you using the camera's onboard lighting?

Some low power garden lights should give enough light. You're better off with even spread light over the entire area than one super bright flood light - that tends to screw with the exposure and make any areas in shadows worse. HLC will bring down the bright areas and make the shadow areas look better, but you may still experience noise in those shadows.

Use the Expert setting on the video noise control and try Space at 0 and Time mid range. I've found Space just makes the pixels in dark areas pulse/ move around.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Reducing your contrast level down can help improve shadow detail day and night (on any camera.)

Try playing around with HLC for night time. If you've got something bright in the scene that can stuff up the exposure the camera calculates and make shadowed/ darker areas even darker. HLC helps to reduce that problem.