DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS replacement

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I seem to have more and more issues with a DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS.
What would be a replacement that would fit in place on top of my mount. Similar optical characteristics, I believe I have a 4mm lens.
I still need WiFi at this location. But hopefully the newer one would have a bit better Wifi.

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Doing some research, it appears that the DS-2CD2543G0-IWS is the newer model. Does anyone have experience with it?
Is in in fact the same model (hardware, memory,...)?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Problems with hikvision and wifi. Only older firmwares allow connection to cloud while on wifi. Newer firmwares block that scenario and only possible way to get camera on cloud is when u connect it with cable and wifi is strictly allowed to be added on NVR.

I think its their inside deal with EZVIZ.

But yeah. Hikvision wifi is stricted to 2,4Ghz and if u have jams, theres no help.

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My wifi seems ok, while not great. What I noticed with my old cam is that video gets choppy after a while. I thought it is is wifi, but then I noticed that the web ui also gets very slow at the same time. Rebooting the camera fixes it. So, I am not sure if it is more a firmware/cam issue.
I am using BlueIris, so the cloud thing might be not an issue. Just wondering if the newer model is in fact newer (HW, ...) or just a newer part number.