DS-2CD3145F-I vs DS-2CD3345-I for apartment indoor?

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which one is better for indoor like a living room? I can't even find the datasheet for them. 3145 has PTZ, 3345 doesn't? Which one has a wider angle at max resolution? Both are around $70 on ebay

I will be using software solutions so H.265 is fine. I don't care if the interface is Chinese or English. Thanks

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
3145 is a dome, 3345 is a turret style. neither is PTZ, or even vari-focal.
dome is fine for indoors and maybe a bit less conspicous than the turret.
turret has better IR for viewing in darkness, but may not be an issue indoors, depending on your lighting.
both are available with various lens options (default is 4mm, 2.8, 6 and 12mm optional,)
the field of view will be the same for both models (given same lens).

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. It looks like neither of them supports 60Hz in the modified firmware. Will it be a big problem for indoor use?
2.8mm should be good for a typical apartment setting?

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What about DS-2CD2132F(D)-I(W)(S) vs DS-2CD2135F(D)-I(W)(S)? 2135 seems to be the newer generation with h265. What about other aspects?

If I buy a Chinese camera with modified firmware to support multilanguage, will I be able to flash it back to the official Chinese firmware?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you using incadesent or fluorescent lighting? or have any video displays in view? then you might want it.

if you buy a Chinese camera with modified firmware you should at no point update the firmware, ever.. unless you understand what to fix after you break it.