Ds-2cd3345-i v 5.3.6 wanting to downgrade to v 5.3.3

Anthony ip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have recently purchased several DS-2CD3345-I cameras with version 5.3.6. My older versions of the same camera have version 5.3.3.

On my NVR I can usually make remote changes to the Sub stream with my 5.3.3 but not with the 5.3.6 so Im wanting to down grade so see if that fixes the problems?

So where could or should i look to find the version 5.3.3 to suit the cameras i currently have?

Thanks

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What nvr do you have? I can do remote from the nvr and I'm running 5.3.6 and 5.3.8

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Anthony ip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for the reply
I have a DS-7732NI-E4/16P. The problem im having is... lets say if i have it on only 4 cameras on my screen the pic quality is brilliant from all version cameras. When i go to 9 Cameras screen the pic quality on the v 5.3.6 is extremely blured whist the 5.3.3 are still brilliant.

All the settings are the same in main stream except that i will not let me make any changes to the sub stream settings. Tells me there is an error code when i try to save any changes ive made in the v 5.3.6 cameras whist the v5.3.3 changes and save ok.
Unless there is something i have missed but its doing it only with the version v 5.3.6 cameras. All 3 of them

Thanks again

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But just enable virtual host and then click each individual cameras settings under "cameras". Sounds to me 10 times easier than to do downgrade. It won't let you do it anyway in the normal way, so you're looking at a good couple of hours work for that if you want to downgrade

Anthony ip

n3wb
Reaction score
Where would i find this virtual host? Is it in the NVR software or can it be accessed throught the Ivms pc software? Sorry just a little new to all this

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm I can configure substream straight in the nvr. It got its own tab. Easy to miss. But it's not perfect. It shows up resolutions that my cameras don't support so you have to do some trial and error if you are not sure of exactly which your camera supports

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Otherwise acess it from the webpage on the nvr here...
.... Then acess the camera settings here individually....

Anthony ip

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again for that. Yes ive tried that. No matter what changes or settings I make in the sub stream with the v 5.3.6 it doesnt save it. on the 5.3.3 is works and saves ok.. I wonder if i make a version change if it would fix it?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I run 5.3.8 and it seems to work. (not flawless obviously...) * so still prefer to edit it straight on the camera page

Anthony ip

n3wb
Reaction score
Well logging in from the webpage to the NVR and then logging into each camera to make individual changes to each one has defiantly made the picture quality better. Your information is greatly appreciated

Would you recommend me to upgrade to 5.3.8.

Thanks again for the advice

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For me it was good because it solved some small annoying issue that I had with 5.3.6 but there are no major changes I think