DS-2DC2202-DE3 language mismatch

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I've got a camera that I brought second hand, and went to upgrade the firmware on and have semi stuffed it.. It was working happily (in English), but then I _may_ have put the wrong firmware on it, I just googled the model, jumped on the Hikvision page that came up and used that firmware (which the camera happily accepted). Looking back now I see that I'd ended up at the "DS-2DE2103-DE3/W" page, but there doesn't actually seem to be a "DS-2DC2202-DE3" page so maybe it's the same model by another name?

At any rate its now giving the dreaded "firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib" on the web interface, but is still streaming fine.

I've spent the last hour or so reading about the 5.30 custom downgrader and 5.40 brickfix, but I'm after some advice before I start trying to break things even worse. Will the digicap.dav contained in those downloads work for my camera, or do I need to try and find an older revision for my specific model? If so any idea where I should look?

The model sticker on the bottom is mostly in Chinese, but the relevant information seems to be that it's a DS-2DC2202-DE3/W manufactured in 2016 and there is a "V5.3.9" which I'm guessing is the original firmware version?

Thanks in advance.