DS-2XS2T47G1-LDH/4G/C18S40(4MM) Solar Camera

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone looking into the Hikvision solar camera set ups.
I just recieved the DS-2XS2T47G1-LDH/4G/C18S40 from Hikvision as a demo unit and to my surprise there is no RJ45 input port coming from the camera at all. I thought I was going crazy and reached out to Hikvision tech support and to my surprise they confirmed there is no RJ45 port on the camera.
I intended to forego the 4G Sim card route and was going to try a Hikvision bridge route and unfortunately this camera set up only for the 4G route.

I'll be testing this unit out for the next few weeks and will report back. If anyone has questions about the unit let me know and I'll get back to you.

This unit is a BEAST though.
20240808_114918.jpg20240808_115508.jpg20240808_120724.jpg20240808_130631.jpg

sensey3

n3wb
Reaction score
Tested G0, i hope G1 has better solar. G0 was nice as long as weather was nice and sunny, because when solar is unable to charge it properly your camera is useless. Hikvision should make some changes here and allow connecting external power supply (not only as temporary).

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tested G0, i hope G1 has better solar. G0 was nice as long as weather was nice and sunny, because when solar is unable to charge it properly your camera is useless. Hikvision should make some changes here and allow connecting external power supply (not only as temporary).
Yea I seriously don't understand the lack of a RJ45. What makes me even more frustrated it's not stated on the website or even in the Data Sheet.
I'll keep an eye on the solar input and output and let you know what the results are

sensey3

n3wb
Reaction score
Now i noticed that next to microsd slot you have 8pin LAN interface, probably for debugging. You are sure there is no connector included?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Now i noticed that next to microsd slot you have 8pin LAN interface, probably for debugging. You are sure there is no connector included?
The LAN interface is only for "access the cameras web interface". So debugging only. The LAN pin connector they provided is obviously not made for continuous use or outdoor usage. I suppose I could drill through the settings cover and feed the LAN connector through and then waterproof it but I'd rather not destroy this demo camera.

Attachments

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did the G0 you had come with a built in PIR sensor?