DS-7104N-SN/P I am really missing something here...

Jonathanm

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, purchased this unit a while ago and finally got around to setting it up last week. After quite some messing around I got both bullit cameras to work (Hikvision 2CD 2032-I) I read and tried to learn as much as I could about getting the remote viewing to work - I am half way there but for the life of me cannot figure out the last part. But it all seems like a really nice piece of kit.
I have registered on www.Hik-online.com and tried to add a device, ports are forwarded ok - I can see the motion recorded files remotely.(Browser interface) The live stuff does not work. Sure, it is something I am not getting - for instance I cannot understand what the "device domain" numberis and have no idea where it comes from. I believe that this is my problem. Does this get placed in both the NVR and hik-online?
I am travelling at the moment but I can see the the config page using the browser interface by just typing the external IP address that shows up under Network Settings\NAT
None of the Hik-online stuff seems works for me...I get the error message "device does not exist" with all the various permutations of serial numbers etc... I think all the hard stuff is done - I am having some difficulty getting my head around the concept. There are a number of videos not always in a language or accent I can understand - they have not helped with this part too much...

BTW should I update the firmware? It is now V3.0.7 build 140805...It all seems to work ok...

Thanks for any input and I hope I have managed to explain myself in a comprehensible manner!

Jonathan

Jonathanm

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible that the device domain (eg. mynvr)? MUST be entered in nvr's local GUI and not entered remotely? Then you go to hik-online.com and do the rest? Grasping at straws here...