DS-7108N-SN/P and 4MP turret cameras

Reaction score
Hey guys

I've just spent the last few hours reading everything I can find on grey import Hikvision gear and trying to get my issues sorted to no avail.

I have a DS-7108N-SN/P that I have been running perfectly fine with 4mp dome cameras for months now... however I have just purchased some new 4mp turret cameras (DS-2CD3345-I) which will not stream on the NVR. They are recognising as being a camera, just without a feed which keeps failing.

Things I have done/checked already:
Cameras are set to H.264 decoding
Camera res reduced to 1920x1080
Swore at them a lot

Other info to know:
NVR firmware: 3.0.7
Encoding version: 5.0

If anyone might have a solution to why they don't work I would be forever grateful. I tried doing the righty and scouring the forums for a solution before asking so I apologise if it has been covered.

Cheers
Damon

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you check again and read the info text Where you bought the camera, I assume AliExpress, it will say on almost every info page that sell these cameras that you need at least something like a 76xx-version of the Nvr I believe it is to hook them up at least in a normal configuration

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Something like this. When it is not a genuine international version of the camera.

"Note:

1. As this new model camera don't work with english version old model NVR (DS-7600NI-SE),but work on english version new model NVR (DS-7600N-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4) and*(DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4)*with the lastest firmware,please kidnly noted.

"

Reaction score
Ah. How inconvenient. The seller (ebay) neglected to mention that little bit of information :( I just bought 6 of them..

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure that it applies to exactly your cameras I just remembered I seen that text for other cameras with multilanguage firmware etc. But perhaps you can try to add the cameras with onvif or something like that?

Reaction score
I believe you are correct, looking at another seller it specifies that the nvr isn't compatible. I guess I'll be buying 2 new NVR's then. Thanks for the info mate

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need DS-7608NI-E2/8P

It's not worth messing around with N rather than NI NVRs anymore. I have a N NVR but that's from when the price difference was huge. It's not anymore.

Reaction score
I could only assume that I is for international? Meaning it would be much less hassle to update firmware etc in the future?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I is international. Really you want NI NVR and 2xx2 cameras rather than xxx5 chinese cameras. The cost difference nowadays isn't huge.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DS-7108NI-SN/P only supports up to 2MP. It might be worth checking out if lowering the resolution of those 2CD3345 to 2MP gets them up and running.

Reaction score
Oh snap... it worked.. However I had to lower it to 1.3mbit. I did a 2mbit test last night unsuccessfully but but it seems happy to play ball. At least that will make them useful until I upgrade NVR down the track thanks mate :)

Reaction score
Turns out it would have worked last night at 2mp but apparently the new cameras have about a 4 minute delay before they start talking to the nvr and I wasnt giving them enough time