DS-7608NI-SE on Mac?

Ramias

n3wb
Reaction score
Any way/hack whatever to get this NVR to work with any browser on a mac? My cameras work fine with the Mac plugin.

The NVR, not so much.

Thanks

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think the model of the NVR matters. Safari is currently the only "supported" browser for MacOS. For me the Hikvision plugin for Safari works once, for awhile, then takes a dump until I restart the Mac. Oddly, it will work, for awhile, for other users on the same machine. I've experimented with all the older plugin versions with no joy. They've been promising a specific fix for Safari for awhile. At this point I think running within a windows VM might be my only solution but, crap! Now my Hikvision Stockholm Syndrome will show it's head here - "At least I can still adjust the settings on the cameras, thank you Hikvision! (But what if they break that too?...)".

Ramias

n3wb
Reaction score
This is from the readme.txt for the Mac plugin:

Mac iOS Web Component v3.0.5.26

Works for all IPC and baseline recorder.

Not compatible with DS-76xxNI-SE, DS-90xx&96-STxx&77xx-SP.

USSWeb Component

Works for USA-customized firmware recorder.
Of course, the 7608 NI-SE is the NVR I happen to have :(

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad, no version of their plugin ever worked better than barely on either my current DS-7608NI-I2/8P or my previously owned DS-7604NI-E1/4P. I think that if I were in your shoes I might set up a stripped down Windows VM in VirtualBox. I have one running with Win7 and it works nicely but my Mac is too old to let it run 24/7. Good luck and welcome to the club!

Phillip Walker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got the DS-7608NI-I2/8P, doesn't work, though the cameras do, absolute crock of sh***e

Saying that the NVR can't even stay online for more than a few hours without rebooting.... not exactly a polished product

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BTW, don't expect any other Hikvision NVR you get to work any better on Safari on your Mac! The plugin sukz balz and has for a year.

I got the DS-7608NI-I2/8P, doesn't work, though the cameras do, absolute crock of sh***e

Saying that the NVR can't even stay online for more than a few hours without rebooting.... not exactly a polished product

Ramias

n3wb
Reaction score
I have switched to Mac. I would like to use a simple browser to view my cameras on the NVR. Can anybody recommend a NVR that will do this (and of course has iOS support).

I saw an Amcrest on Amazon. Any others?