Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Up on the US Hik server.

ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com/Hikvision_DV ... 6xxNI-SE(P)/

User: hikfirmware
PW: Hikvision123

From the release notes:

Compatible IP Camera Information:

1. Password hint: A notification suggesting modifying password will pop up if user logs in with
default username and password: admin/12345.
Password complexity will also be tested and shown when modifying password:
--Below 6 characters: weak;--6 to 11 characters: all numbers -> weak;
Number + lowercase + uppercase letter + symbol -> strong, rest cases->fair;
--Above 11 characters: all numbers -> fair , rest cases -> strong.

2. Password recovery: A password recovery file can be exported in user configuration menu
after user logs in with admin account. With this recovery file, user can reset password in the
password recovery menu.

3. Default parameter: https disabled, full-day continuous record schedule enabled, motion
detection enabled, sensitivity set to be 4, telnet disabled.

4. Connect general IPCs with maximum resolution(record parameter is set as continuous one,
no matter whether events are triggered or not), frame rate set as 8 continuous /15 event(if
maximum resolution not support 8/15, then use the maximum resolution that supports
8/15), bitrate set as optimum rate, image quality: mainstream-higher , sub stream-higher,
others as previous setting.

5. When switching continuous record resolution, event record resolution changes
simultaneously. If frame rate does not support, display Full Frame. Under General, if bit rate
does not support, display Maximum bit rate.

6. DST is set to be enabled.

7. Menu button on remote now can control the full-screen function in tag playback tab.

Playback

1. Added a button in right-click menu to enter playback menu.

2. Added a feature using mouse scroll wheel to control the zoom in/out of time bar in playback
menu.
3. Added Smart Search in playback full screen.

4. Modification of Playback menu: Added today button, time go-to button, playback status.
Modified play button, and video clips function.

5. Two-way audio between client software and IPC (including PoE).

6. Added Copy function in recording channel parameter configuration: if the channel ready to
be copied to does not support some of parameter from the source one, copy fails. Original
parameters saved.

7. Added sub stream correction function.

8. Added display remaining record time in both HDD management and camera management
menus.(display N/A if no IPC);

9. Added Single Frame playback button in playback;

10. Display channel name under channel selection box and in playback sidebar(no changes in
web UI);

Web UI
1. Support up to 4-channel playback;

2. IPC version information can be displayed in web UI;

3. Keep the same as Native UI in terms of record schedule type colors;

4. Added virtual host function. Disable virtual host by default.
Go to Configuration->Network Settings->Advanced->Enable Virtual Host if needed.

Bug
1. Corrected the faulty connection with DS-2CD2014WD-l and DS-2CD2114WD-l via PoE
interface.

2. Corrected the invalidation of video loss when enabled in web UI.

3. Corrected loss of watermark in NVR’s record files when using Raptor DS-2CD2xx2 and
DS-2CD4xxx series IPC.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
mmm Virtual Host. Biggest improvement yet.
Have you taken 2.39 for a shake down drive yet?
I'd be very interested in your initial impressions.
I just finished loading the 2.39 Beta and was poking around in it as I set up the cams that were flashed with 5.20.
I'm not sure what to think about the "frame rate set as 8 continuous /15 event" business.
I've seen a post some where that the user was claiming they'd lost event tags.
FWIW, after loading the NVR's web components I did have to take IE out of compatibility mode for them to show.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think about the "frame rate set as 8 continuous /15 event" business.
I've seen a post some where that the user was claiming they'd lost event tags.
FWIW, after loading the NVR's web components I did have to take IE out of compatibility mode for them to show.
I am operating the 2.3.9 beta on HIK 7604NI-SEP with one camera 2cd2332 with frmware 5.1.6 at the highest possible quality for both continuous and event streams i.e. 3Mpixels, 20fps, highest compression quality, 8Mbps. I have also noticed that some motion detection events have not been logged at all, therefore I do not trust the motion detection recording alone and I am recording continuously. This is the reason why on another thread I was asking if it possible to know and display the camera and the NVR CPU load in order to understand which component is responsible for the miss of the motion of the motion triggers (CBX do you read this???).

Otherwise the operation of the NVR and the camera is stable.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These are my video settings with 5.20, originally I Frame Interval was set to 15 but something reset it to 25.

2e3xri9.jpg

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I've been running the beta since it's release and more recently the official version. So far no major issues. My 2432F-IW occasionally drops wifi connection to the NVR but that probably has something to do with the massive amount of bandwidth going through the house everyday versus a firmware problem. I noticed yesterday they have a 'newer' 2.3.9 firmware dated 8-20-2014. I didn't have time to look at what changed but it installed and is running fine.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like a total of 4 new files including the new 2.39 firmware:

DS-7600NI-SE(P) Series NVR QSG_v2.3.9.pdf, 2507 KB, 8/21/2014 2:13:00 PM

DS-76xxNI-SE(P) Series NVR User's Manual_v2.3.9.pdf, 4591 KB, 8/21/2014 2:12:00 PM

DS-76xxNI-SE(P) USA Firmware_v2.3.9 Release Notes.pdf, 522 KB, 8/21/2014 2:06:00 PM

DS-76xxNI-SE(P) USA Firmware_v2.3.9_140820.zip, 13754 KB, 8/21/2014 2:06:00 PM

ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com/Hikvision_DVR_Firmware/DS-76xxNI-SE(P)/