DS-KD8003-IME1/EU listen for door press event programmatically

Fahr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

After solving an earlier issue (also posted on this forum a few posts down), I was able to connect to the DS-KD8003 via the C++ SDK provided by HikVision. I can do live viewing, record video, etc., all programmatically.

The problem I am running into now is that I want to listen for a doorbell press, so I can start doing something when someone presses the actual button. Reading through the SDK documentation, it looks like this has to be done using Alarm Events. There is an alarm called COMM_ALARM_BUTTON_DOWN_EXCEPTION, which is described as "Press button alarm information (IP main door station)" - which sounds like the thing I want.

The problem is that I cannot seem to use NET_DVR_StartListen_V30, NET_DVR_SetupAlarmChan_V30 or NET_DVR_SetupAlarmChan_V41 - I tried them all, they all return error code 109. According to the error code documentation, that means "Load Alarm component Failed."

Does this mean the DS-KD8003 does not HAVE an "alarm component"? Is there another way to detect a button press? Since iVMS-4200 CAN read the button press, I assume there must be. I also looked into enabling the web ISAPI thing, but even if I change the port from 80 to something else, it just keeps being blocked, so that appears to be a dead end.

Does anyone have any idea how to listen for a button press event on this device?

Thanks!

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi

have you ever succeed with this? listen for events, opening doors?

Fahr

n3wb
Reaction score
More or less, but not using the SDK. I have since switched from HikVision to Doorbird, which is fully open and well documented. If you have that option, I would recommend it.

The partial solution I managed to work out for HikVision is that the doorbell and indoor unit can be set to use SIP instead of the proprietary direct protocol. I set up a simple SIP server using Asterix in our office and created accounts for the doorbell and indoor unit, as well as a routing table so calls from the doorbell would go to the indoor unit. Using a calling script, it is possible to trigger the execution of an external program when a call comes in.

It never worked super well, though. Sometimes the trigger went off many times during a call for no apparent reason. And it means maintaining a SIP server... not ideal. I recommend moving to something like Doorbird, which has an open API.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased me a doordbird dk2101kv ... What z crap, bad sound on outdoor... Also with android ,sometimes just no audio or 1 way audio

Also inside a1101, volume was too low ...

Brought it back :)

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is an option, " call linkage" in ivms, i enabled that for relay 2 ... So when someone pressed the doorbress, the relay got triggered :)

Gonna hook it up to my ESP board now, that I can trigger other stuff, like recording the video on synology, sending notifications ...