DS-KH6320-WTE1 Password Reset

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to reset the password on the value indoor station without major surgery? I purchased one used. Seller says he didn't set a password and HikVision will not help. I have gone through every menu multiple times, updated (using US firmware) via TFTP without any issues, and looked through available U-Boot commands but I don't see a way to perform a factory reset. There are no physical reset buttons... not even a pad for a button. I have tried 888999, admin, password, 12345, and 123456.

These have WSON8 flash, which I have removed and backed up, but I'd prefer not to have to tinker/solder between every change for fear of permanently damaging the board. If anyone can point me to a WSON8 socket that can be soldered to WSON8 pads that doesn't cost $12 or more and will not take over a month to receive from China, I will be grateful.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you are on Protocol 2.0 there is certain firmware that reverses to Protocol 1.0, side effect of downgrading is factory reseted device.

Cheers

jandek

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are on Protocol 2.0 there is certain firmware that reverses to Protocol 1.0, side effect of downgrading is factory reseted device.

Cheers
Where can I download the protocol 1.0 firmware? I only found 2.0