DS7608NI-K2/8P Freezing? Firmware?

rayanann

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have been a member for several years, & have found the info on here very useful. I am a DIY man, fitted my NVR, cables & cameras fine with help from the forum. I use 1 Hik camera & 7 Onviv cameras. All run on their 12v adaptors. The system has run very well with a 2 gig drive. My problem is that the cameras are set to Motion Detect, & seem to freeze, & not record at random times. I am running the original firmware V3.4.101, Build 180904. I have read horror stories about updating to some firmware versions. Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the same NVR and did use firmware 3.4.101, as far as I remember without any problems. Currently though I am using 3.4.112 and have no plans to upgrade to V4 firmware. For some of the firmware updates Release Notes are published which indicate what bugs have been addressed. If you choose to upgrade your NVR's firmware be aware that you may need to transition to some more recent firmware first before moving to even 3.4.112. Sometimes firmware updates are for security reasons which is better not to ignore.
I am not sure if your lack of recordings is global or confined to certain makes of cameras. I'd be thinking of going back and getting one camera fully working and recording first. Your hard drive could be failing, even a loose connection, perhaps less likely that it's a firmware issue after this time in service. Your hard drive has a small capacity if you are continuously recording from 8 cameras.

Last edited:

rayanann

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Toastie,
After reading your post, I think I may be wise to stick with my working firmware, & put only my "Essential" 4 cameras on continuous mode. I know it will shorten the drive time, but I can monitor it & see how many days I get. Perhaps fit another higher capacity drive would be my easiest option.