DSC 1864 install opinions wanted

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just moved into a new home and started setting up a new DSC PC1864 in it. Was previously using a PC1832 in the old home.

DSC PowerSeries panel installations use 5600 ohm 1/2 W for wired zones (single or double EOL configurations) . Very low current bells/sirens will need a 1K across the bell output terminals (install only if bell trouble is reported on panel). The FSA200 series 2-wire smoke detectors use a 2200 ohm 1/2 Watt.

All is explained in the manual:
- Thomas
Thanks.

Something Im trying to understand is if I even need a resistor for a wire Im using as a tamper line. Basically Im putting a wire down the pipe where the communication lines come into the house. I want to set it up so that if the wire is cut from outside, it triggers the alarm instantly.

If I dont need a resistor I can just tie the green and white wire together and make it essentially a loop.

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
EOL resistors will be needed on every zone if you have setup your system configuration to use EOL resistors. This configuration is selected in Program [013] Option 1and Option 2. If you have disabled End-of-Line resistors (not a typical choice) then resistors should not be installed.

- Thomas