DST time-travel fun....

Reaction score
So-- the time change last night generated a question in my head...

At 2AM, it suddenly became 1AM again. Since BI is re-living that hour from 1 to 2, how are clips differentiated during that time? OR--- are all the clips from that 2 hour spread of time mixed together as having happened during the 1AM to 2AM time period.... (I have a lot of motion alerts from 1 to 2am). It presents a really strange problem-- because any given clip could be in that first hour or the second. Does BI use an incremental alert number in a database to differentiate? If the footage was really important-- how would anyone know for certain WHEN it really happened?

EDIT:
And the answer was right in front of my face in my clips list. The clips starting at 1AM continue to just before 2am, then start over for the second version of the 1am to 2am hour....

1667755319740.png

Last edited:

philcav7

n3wb
Reaction score
My NVR is also whacked out. While trying to playback any time from this AM, it will load video from 1 hour earlier. If I type in 11:00am, video will be 10:00. If I try to scroll times on the app, it goes haywire.
I don’t recall this issue last year, but don’t remember if I had DST adjust enabled.
Hopefully it sorts itself out tonight at midnight.

Reaction score
My NVR is also whacked out. While trying to playback any time from this AM, it will load video from 1 hour earlier. If I type in 11:00am, video will be 10:00. If I try to scroll times on the app, it goes haywire.
I don’t recall this issue last year, but don’t remember if I had DST adjust enabled.
Hopefully it sorts itself out tonight at midnight.
Yikes.... I hadn't thought about how an NVR accounts for that ...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Just hope shit doesn't go down in that time.....Of course Saturday nite at 2 AM is when it's the most Drunk outside....So thats a good time to do it......:rolleyes: