Dual camera dual lens Hikvision 5mp network camera

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With this camera you can have two cameras with one Ethernet cable. In the NVR you set up the same IP address with two separate channels. It’s brand new in box. Price is $400.00 shipped The model number is in the pic listed

Attachments

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Funny enough, I just installed 6 of these today lol. Yeah, they are technically just one camera with two lenses. Just need one cable and one IP address, but they do use two channels.

Personally, I'm not a fan of these. They didn't include the weatherproof connector for the rj45 plug so it was a huge hassle trying to weatherproof them. Each lense can only rotate 90 degrees left or 90 degrees right so you have to mount it the right direction or you'll be looking straight into the sky. I wasn't impressed with them at all.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’ve installed a few of these cameras myself. Yes it has its limitations not being 3d axis but if positioned properly, you can get 2 good images. As far as the pigtail cable coming out of it, it’s all weather proofed and the connector itself I ran up into a waterproof box so the camera and the connector are all waterproof. The images looked pretty good and the benefit of having two cameras over one Ethernet cable was really nice if you are replacing a single camera.

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fair enough. If the things that bothered me didn't bother you so much, then that's great. In my case, I had to mount two of them vertically on a wall due to space constraints on the wall. Since they don't rotate on a 3d axis, I wasn't able to get a very good image on the top one. I also didn't like that the pigtail isn't centered. Not a big problem, but it's just weird that it skews to one side more. Maybe I got a batch that was missing the weatherproof connectors or something. None of the 6 I installed came with them. It just had waterproof tape, but there wasn't enough to put on each end of the pigtail. What kind of back box did you use? I used a CB-6D, but it left about 1/4" gap around the edge between the camera and the backbox so it wasn't really weatherproof. Either way, I'm glad that you liked them and that they worked well for you

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ended up installed mine horizontal and had no problems getting the views needed up and down an alleyway. Since it was an alley and pretty commercial, I ended up just mounting the camera itself on the brick and a hikvision box on top of it so the pigtail went up into the bottom of the box. I guess on Sheetrock or wood, you could just run the cable inside the wall for a nicer install.