Dual sensor camera for overview and LPR?

inforlonghaul

Getting the hang of it
Jul 12, 2015
I apologize if this question has been asked before, I did try to look and found one thread here that seemed to discuss multisensor cameras and LPR but didn't seem to find a specific answer. I think the camera mentioned with a Hikvision camera which we don't purchase anymore due to NDAA compliance.

There's tons of cameras I can find that are dual lens, but I'm curious if there's a speciality camera that has a wide-angle lens for overview and also an has an LPR camera built-in?

We have a street that runs right in front of our building and right now we have a 2.8mm turret camera for overview monitoring of the road and the parking lot. The convenient location of the camera also makes a great spot for an LPR. I really don't want to run more wire for another camera, so I had a wild hair to ask here if there was a dual-lens camera that had built-in LPR while also have a wide-angle lens so we could continue to monitor the parking area. I imagine this is unlikely, but I at least thought I'd check here and see if there were any suggestions.

This series might do what you want. I’ve looked at them myself. They do not have onboard LPR database capability though, you would still manually ID each plate you were interested in. Distance to the capture point would dictate which model

Reactions: inforlonghaul