Easiest plug-n-play NVR to pair with the Z12E?

Sep 29, 2024
Maryland
I would like to have the z12E for license plate capture and and have maybe up to 3 more cameras set up outside of my house.

I am wondering what is the easiest NVR to set up and use. I don't want to install plugins or use the command line if possible. I would like to detect and timestamp cars but I don't need ANPR or any of that stuff. I just want to be able to go back and look at license plates any time that a neighbor tells me that something happened. Any suggestions?

No guarantee on various camera models plugin requests with Dahau :rolleyes:, but a simple PoE NVR sounds like all you need.

This is a favorite Vendor here on the forum who sells his own branded Dahua equipment, Same stuff different sticker

+1 above.

We have found that brand new cameras and NVRs released in 2024 still require plug-ins in some instances.

It is just a way of life if you want better cameras.

Try to capture plates with an arlo or nest that don't require plug-ins....

One of these days we may get away, but until the manufacturers completely start new with firmware, they are building upon firmware developed around Internet Explorer and plug-ins.

If connect to the monitor directly then no need plugin. any web gui will require plugin.

command line if possible. I would like to detect and timestamp cars but I don't ne
It sounds like you only need a simple 4-channel Dahua POE NVR, which costs around 100 bucks. You can try the NVR4104-P-4KS2; it’s worth the money.” you can do the reviews and all the operations with the NVR and a monitor.