Embedding Live Stream Without Plugin (Newest Firmwares)

shbatm

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find a method to embed a live stream from a Hikvision IP Camera or NVR in an iframe or other web page that does not require additional server software or rely on a plugin?

I would assume it's possible since the newer firmwares allow viewing the Main Stream in Chrome/Firefox without a plugin (using websockets), but I'm struggling to figure out how to replicate this outside of the camera's UI. The WebSDK that I've found online still has WebComponents in it and I've been grasping at straws on how to search for this since 99% of the topics are for workarounds when NPAPI was disabled (before the updated firmwares came about).

I'm sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, just looking for someone to point me in the right direction. I'm not interested in MJPEG streaming or RTSP Proxying using a separate service, just embedding the stream that's already available from the camera ui.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You would need to reverse-engineer their web UI and pull out whatever modules they have streaming and playing the video and then integrate them into your own page. The difficulty of this task would depend on a lot of things, like what compilation process they used for their javascript, and how modular the code is.

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are open to using an earlier version of Chrome (v75) it may be possible. It would still require a plugin. I'll try it over the weekend and get back to you if it works.

shbatm

n3wb
Reaction score
You would need to reverse-engineer their web UI and pull out whatever modules they have streaming and playing the video and then integrate them into your own page.
That's along the lines of what I was planning on. I've got the web root extracted from the firmware and was digging into it, but I was kind of hoping someone beat me to the punch.