EmpireTech 2024 Spring Sales

camdensnyder

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^Keep in mind the Z12E for LPR is simply we use it to be able to manually read plates. This camera does not automatically read plates. That would be an ALPR/ANPR camera.

And if you are asking which one camera does it all - that doesn't exist...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just received my two new lottery cameras today... thanks Andy! If the 4KT works for my needs, I'll be buying more! With the 4KT and the T54IR-ZE, do I just connect them to my network and use the config tool to initialize and set the admin login/password, or is there a different process now? Thanks!

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Today I received my 3rd place (IPC-Color4K-T) and 6th place (IPC-HDBW5442R-ESE) prizes. Thank you Andy.

The HDBW5442R is already installed; Interior location that will observe a big sliding glass door.

The Color4K-T will go up as soon as the rain stops. My driveway view is currently a IPC-T5442T-ZE, but I think the Color4K-T would work well there.

Edit: When I upgraded to the 16 channel Dahua POE NVR last year I laughed at the idea I would ever come close to filling it. Today it hosts 14 camera views. Seems the joke is on me!

- Thomas

Last edited:

scscp

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't set up the grand prize, PTZ5A4K-25X, yet but seeing how I never saw it online, here is a size comparison with its little brother from another mother, not a PTZ494M-25X, but the smaller cam is actually a 4k ptz 25x from Valucam. Andy doesn't sell the 4k version I believe but physical size it should be identical. I bought it before getting stuff from the empiretech sale otherwise I would have gone with Andy's version, only costs couple 40 bucks more. I was surprised that although the valucam at ~$400 is half the price of the grand prize, the camera quality is very similar to the empiretech model from testing in the pitch dark indoors and auto focusing/reading small text warnings on water heaters as a test from several feet. Can't speak for quality of autotracking yet, but it's clear the more expensive version operates smoother in all aspects of PTZ by a small margin. They both use the same mount, the smaller cam runs noticeably hotter than the big one. More updates when it is set up and I have more to say. I wish the valucam model came with mounting screws with it's mount, but it didn't so an extra point to Andy's product. Andy's grand prize also came with the 12v power brick to alternatively power the cam, the Valucam did not come with any power brick. Apologies for the lack of technical term/analysis, I'll update when they are set up, fellas. Using this with Scrypted NVR and I've been enjoying my testing so far. PS. not a lot of luck using external mics on these larger ptz cams as noted in prior reviews online due to technical limits on devices, I'll be using them on my turret/dome cams instead, much more luck there. The smaller cam's motor is louder than the larger ptz cam model, so audio is better on the larger model's onboard mic
1712935407766.png

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I didn't set up the grand prize, PTZ5A4K-25X, yet but seeing how I never saw it online, here is a size comparison with its little brother from another mother, not a PTZ494M-25X, but the smaller cam is actually a 4k ptz 25x from Valucam. Andy doesn't sell the 4k version I believe but physical size it should be identical. I bought it before getting stuff from the empiretech sale otherwise I would have gone with Andy's version, only costs couple 40 bucks more. I was surprised that although the valucam at ~$400 is half the price of the grand prize, the camera quality is very similar to the empiretech model from testing in the pitch dark indoors and auto focusing/reading small text warnings on water heaters as a test from several feet. Can't speak for quality of autotracking yet, but it's clear the more expensive version operates smoother in all aspects of PTZ by a small margin. They both use the same mount, the smaller cam runs noticeably hotter than the big one. More updates when it is set up and I have more to say. I wish the valucam model came with mounting screws with it's mount, but it didn't so an extra point to Andy's product. Andy's grand prize also came with the 12v power brick to alternatively power the cam, the Valucam did not come with any power brick. Apologies for the lack of technical term/analysis, I'll update when they are set up, fellas. Using this with Scrypted NVR and I've been enjoying my testing so far. PS. not a lot of luck using external mics on these larger ptz cams as noted in prior reviews online due to technical limits on devices, I'll be using them on my turret/dome cams instead, much more luck there. The smaller cam's motor is louder than the larger ptz cam model, so audio is better on the larger model's onboard mic
View attachment 192141
Also:

VALUCAM ptz = 1/2.8'' Starvis Sensor

PTZ5A4K-25X = 1/1.8 Sensor